Buying your first home?
Bank Mutual has been helping our friends and neighbors finance their homes since 1892. It's a part of our history and a tradition we're proud to continue today. Our exclusive “Mutual Neighbors” program is designed for first time homebuyers. We also partner with WHEDA (Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority) to offer WHEDA loans to first time homebuyers. Please contact one of our local Loan Officers if you have questions or would like to get started.
Purchasing your first home is exciting, yet for some it can seem like an overwhelming process. We understand—that's why we've created a program to benefit first-time homebuyers. We're here to simplify the process and provide sound guidance to save you time and money—making your homeownership dream a reality. Our first-time homebuyer program, Mutual Neighbors, is offered exclusively at Bank Mutual and features the following advantages:
- 97% financing of purchase price
- Minimum total borrower investment of $1,000
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) required
- No payment reserve requirement
- Loans are retained and serviced locally by Bank Mutual
- Bank-assisted home ownership education and counseling services, if needed
- Long-term fixed- or adjustable-rate mortgage options
Apply online for our first-time homebuyers program or contact your local Loan Officer to discuss options for your first home mortgage.