Bank Mutual Privacy Statement
Here are the facts about what Bank Mutual Group does with your personal information.
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reason the Bank Mutual Group chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
The following are situations in which the Bank Mutual Group shares information that cannot be restricted by the consumer (you):
- For our everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you.
- For joint marketing with other financial companies.
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes likeinformation about your transactions and experiences.
The following are situations in which the Bank Mutual Group does not share information and as such, it cannot be restricted by the consumer (you):
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes information about your creditworthiness.
- For nonaffiliates to market to you.
Who is providing this notice?
Bank Mutual and BancMutual Financial and Insurance Services, Inc.
How does the Bank Mutual Group protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does the Bank Mutual Group collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or give us your contact information
- Apply for a loan or apply for insurance
- Seek advice about your investments
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Bank Mutual and BancMutual Financial and Insurance Services, Inc. are financial service providers that are affiliated with each other. We do not share with any of our other affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- The Bank Mutual Group does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include companies such as credit card companies.