Don't be a victim of fraud. Plan ahead with Bank Mutual.
Check Fraud Prevention
Protect your company from altered, fraudulent, and counterfeit check fraud with Bank Mutual's Positive Pay. A secure, automated check-matching service through Business Online Banking.
- When your company issues checks, you upload a list of checks to Bank Mutual.
- Positive Pay compares checks received to the account numbers, check numbers, and dollar amounts on the list you uploaded. All three components must match or the item becomes an "exception."
- Your company may review all exceptions and choose to pay or reject them through Business Online Banking.
- Any rejected checks will be returned unpaid, preventing fraud.
- A sign on token is issued to control access to this service.
ACH Fraud Prevention
Blocks and filters allow your company to control electronic transactions on your accounts. Without ACH blocks or filters in place, all ACH requests received by Bank Mutual will be transacted on your company's accounts. NACHA (National Automated Clearing House Association) rules specify that if an unauthorized ACH transaction occurs, you must notify the bank to stop the transaction within one business day.
- ACH Blocks prevent all ACH debits and/or credits.
- ACH Filters allow your company to set criteria that authorize certain ACH debit and/or credits while rejecting others. Once your company chooses those criteria, any transaction presented that is not specifically authorized will be returned to the originator.
It's your money. Protect it with Bank Mutual.